Monday, April 12, 2010

love letter

Dianna,

I am sitting in a hotel room in Idaho, listening to it rain outside. I am supposed to be doing my homework but lack the motivation. I can't seem to do much of anything, other than think about you. I wanted to send you a quick note to let you know I am missing you, but when I type that sentiment it just doesn't seem to capture what I am really feeling. People miss their friends when they go on vacation, a little boy might miss his dog, and we often reminisce about family that does not live so close, and say how much we miss them. I do not miss you, for that would mean that what I feel when you are not around is normal. And I can assure you it is anything but. I can't wait to be by your side again. It is way more than a physical attraction, and is closer to the rush one gets when receiving an electrical shock. I often wonder why god didn't place our spirits here on Earth closer together in time, but I figure that he knew I must age before I could truly appreciate the happiness you make my heart feel. I would have liked to think that I had a pretty good idea of what love means, but I didn't have a clue until I met you.
Now you are the mother of my child. Giving everything you can give to make our family complete. You amaze me every day with your strength, and determination. I look forward to spending each and every day with you for the rest of my life.

Love,
Your husband

No comments: