Monday, April 26, 2010

Pregnancy Woes


Feel free to skip this post. Admittedly, it is full of my discouraging days and the never ending illness of being pregnant.

As of April 26th, I am 19 weeks pregnant and still have the PICC line in (the baby and I are fed nutritionaly through a catheter that runs in my veins and empties into my vena cava). I have developed a severe rash due to the sterile dressing that is used on my arm to cover the exposed line. Typically, the home infusion nurse doesn't need to come out to the house but once a week to take vitals, do blood draws and change the dressing. However, lucky me, they have to come out every single day due to the dressing that my skin tolerates - gauze. My arm is covered in welts and hurts/itches like hell. Why oh why can't something go right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May I use this picture of the picc line???

Unknown said...

May I use the picture of the PICC line??

Unknown said...

May I use this picture of the picc line???