Saturday, July 17, 2010

The show does go on....

I went to the doc today about the gestational diabetes.... pretty much a waste of time... the worst most humiliating thing happened. My appt was in the morning, and mornings pretty much suck for me. Well, this am was no different. I was in the dieticians office, started to feel sick, asked where the bathroom was, ran as fast as I could and..... didn't make it. I puked all over the carpet, the door to the restroom, the floor in the restroom, the toilet, and myself. The worst part was that I did this in front of a doctor who was passing me in the hall. By the time that I had cleaned up the bathroom and was getting ready to clean the carpet/door, the maintenance guy came by with one of the little yellow signs for wet floors. He said that he would clean it, but I was crying so hard, I just kept cleaning. The carpet was the only thing he had to do, I was so embarrassed. To make matters worse, my dietician came looking for me because I was gone for so long and saw the puke and me covered. But, like a lady, the show must go on. I pulled myself together, went to her office and finished the meeting (even with puke still left on my foot)..... I couldn't get out of there fast enough. You think I would be used to tis by now, but I'm not. And the worst part? I had a emesis bag in my purse all along.

No comments: