Friday, August 6, 2010

Teaching, not so much

Kaiser Permanente has casually approached me about teaching/sharing my pregnancy journey. I'm not keen on teaching simply because this struggle is so personal and heart wrenching to remember. To dredge up the horror stories is something that does not appeal to me. Maybe later, when this is all behind us. For now, I have given permission to share our blog with other women. I, along my doctors, don't know of another woman that has the same reaction to HCG (from wikipedia: Human chorionic gonadotropin is a glycoprotein hormone produced in pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta).[1] Its role is to prevent the disintegration of the corpus luteum of the ovary and thereby maintain progesterone production that is critical for a pregnancy in humans. hCG may have additional functions; for instance, it is thought that hCG affects the immune tolerance of the pregnancy.), but on the off chance that they treat the less than 1% of pregnant women that have this, it's a great place to hear that they aren't alone!

No comments: